Devon Edward Sawa is a Canadian actor and was born on September 7, 1978, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. His love of acting began when he starred in a school play in kindergarten, and since then, he has had many roles on TV and in movies.
In the early 90's he landed a role on the Canadian television show "Kerrisdale High" (1992), on which all of the characters used their real names. The show lasted for a season. He also appeared as Yudo on another Canadian show titled "The Odyssey" (1992). This show also starred Ashleigh Aston Moore, who would later become his co-star in the movie Now and Then (1995). Playing Casper as a real boy in Casper (1995) was Devon's big break. Although he only had about five minutes of screen time, it was his biggest role to date. "Casper" took so long to release (due to the special effects that were needed) that Devon had time to complete another movie, Little Giants (1994), before it came into theaters. In that film, he played Junior Floyd, the quarterback for the title team. In "Now and Then," Devon played Scott Wormer, the town bully. In this film, he was reunited with his "Casper" co-star, Christina Ricci, and they share a second on-screen kiss in the movie. Devon Sawa's acting career is just beginning, and you can expect to see him in many more movies in the years to come.
In 2000, Sawa played the title character of the Eminem music video "Stan". Sawa later became a voice actor by voicing of Flash Thompson in Spider-Man: The New Animated Series. Sawa continued steadily in recent years by appearing in several independent films includingExtreme Dating, Shooting Gallery, Devil's Den, Creature Of Darkness, Endure, 388 Arletta Avenue, and The Sibling.] Since 2010, Sawa played Owen Elliot on the CW action drama series Nikita. In July 2012, he was promoted to series regular in season 3 of Nikita .
- Name pronounced DEH-vuhn SAH-wa.
- Mom: Joyce, dad: Ed, brother: Brandon, sister: Stephanie.
- Has two tattoos - a cartoon devil on one arm, and a cross on the other arm.
- He got the part of Stan in the Eminem video of the same name because Dr. Dre saw him in Final Destination (2000) and loved it.
- Did his own stunts in Extreme Ops (2002), including the part where he is under the train filming his friends.
- Was originally cast to play Neil Lawrence in Chasing Holden (2003).
- Son of production coordinator Joyce Sawa.